End of Life of Windows 7 is Upon Us – Do You Have a Plan?
Are you aware that Windows 7 support will be discontinued on January 14, 2020? Windows 7 was released on October 22, 2009 by Microsoft with a commitment to provide 10 years of support and those 10 years are soon coming to an end. Starting January 14, 2020 Windows will no longer provide technical assistance and software updates for any PC that still uses Windows 7. You might think that this upgrade can wait because your PC will still continue to work, right? Well yes, Windows will continue to start and run on your PC, but there will be no software updates, including security updates, thus making your system and organization’s data highly susceptible to virus attacks and security breaches. Is that a risk you are willing to take? We hope not! With only a few months left before Windows 7 end-of-life, now is the time to make the switch! How?
ECHO has two recommendations:
- If your organization wants to make the most of the latest hardware capabilities and if your PCs are more than 3 years old, then moving to a new device with Windows 10 is the best way forward for you.
- If your PCs are fairly new and compatible with Windows 10 then you could do a Windows reload – start afresh, purchase and install a full version of Windows 10.
ECHO can help you with both these options. Here are the benefits & offerings that ECHO provides:
- Compatibility discovery to better understand upgrade scope
- Fully Managed Migration to Windows 10
- Legacy application upgrading support to comply with 10
- Licensing & Workstation Patching Management
- Minimal interruption
- Remote and Onsite Services
- Hardware & Software Services
- Staging Loaner Computer
- Windows Licensing Upgrade
- Disk Drive swapping or upgrade
- New Computer Procurement services
Still not sure what the best option is for your organization? Get in touch with your Client Advisor today and let them help you seamlessly transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Hurry up, the clock is ticking!